Purpose of bodybuilding nutrition
Bodybuilding nutrition is considered as a vital thing to be followed. A perfect diet with proper distribution of calories and also supported with right supplements leads you to achieve a remarkable physique.
There three major purpose of bodybuilding nutrition
- Essential for great performance.
- It helps an athlete to lead long lasting, active and healthy sports life.
- For the higher rate of recovery.
For an appreciable performance you need to concentrate on the following rules:
- Technique: Acquire more knowledge about your workout, diet, technique or any other thing related to your routine. Because more knowledge you gain, helps you to get better results in short period of time. Because with proper technique you can attain your goals in faster rate. Working smart is better than working hard.
- Strength: Remember this, Lifting heavy weights will definitely help you in gain muscles unless you do it in a proper way. So lifting low weights are not a embarrassing one, in the beginning. First try to get gain some strength and gradually increase the levels step by step. When your strength started increasing then you can able to lift more weight which gives you more muscles.
- Nutrition: There is famous quote in fitness, “30% gym + 70% diet = 100% beast“, its true. We hardly spend 3-4 hrs in a day(24 hrs). In order to see the results of 3-4 hrs of your efforts you need to be very discipline for rest 20 hrs. As per the quote working hard in the gym for hours and without proper diet plan and lack of nutrition definitely you can’t reach your goal. So from now try concentrate on your nutrition keen for good outcomes.
- Rest: Last but not least, nowadays people are so busy with their day to day activities like studies, work and others things. But some people hardly allocate some time for workout, but they fail to take required amount of rest. For a normal person, he/she need to take minimum 6 hrs of rest per day. For the gym person he/she need to take rest for at least 8 hrs a day, Which help muscles to recover and deliver nutrients to your body. Remember, More rest you take = More muscles you gain.
If you follow these rules in muscle construction you can definitely able to results in no time.]
Bodybuilding Nutrition: Hydrating Your Body
Hydration vital one in bodybuilding nutrition. Water helps you in maintaining your metabolism in a proper way and it helps nutrients to your body quickly.
Water is considered as major nutrition supply, especially in bodybuilding. Our body is covered with water in the ratio of 2:3. The percentage of water in our body decreases gradually as we get old.
Signal of dehydration: When ever you feel thirst, It is the basic signal that your body is dehydrating and it need some water.
The quantity of water intake varies from one person to another. It is actually based on their work, environment and also with their health conditions. But 12 quarts is the maximum amount water to drink in a 24-hours of time period suggested by “The American College of Sports Medicine“.
Over hydration: Water is generally good for health and maintaining metabolism. But drinking more than a limit will lead you some serious conditions. Some of those symptoms are:
- Muscle twitching
- Coma and death
Required amount water:
- Normal person: 1.5-2 litres/day
- Athlete: 2-2.5 litres/day
- Bodybuilder: On average person with 80 kg/Spends one hour in gym per day should take a 3-3.5 litres/per day
To calculate your water intake click here
Bodybuilding Nutrition: Calorie Intake
The basic calorie intake should be in the ratio of Carbohydrates:Protein:Fat = 6:3:1
An average requirments are….
- 60%-70% of carbs
- 15%-25% of protein
- 10%-15% of fats
Bodybuilding Nutrition: Carbohydrates (Carbs)
Carbohydrates is a major one among the macro nutrients. All sugars are carbs. Mostly carbs are made from Sugars. Among carbohydrates, glucose is considered as most important one. The excess amount of glucose was stored in muscles and liver. Carbohydrates provides 4 Kcals/gram. The carbohydrates are classified into two types based on glycaemic index (GI – Blood sugar level). They are
- Simple carbohydrates
- Complex carbohydrates
Simple carbohydrates: The Carbohydrates which can broken down easily by the body and used as energy source. These type of carbohydrates available mostly in Milk, dairy products and fruits.
Complex carbohydrates: The carbs which takes more time for breakdown when compared to simple carbohydrates, Because the carbs contains two or sometimes it contains three units of sugars linked together. Body takes more time to digest, the process is slow and steady. Result of digestion, It releases glucose in blood stream slow and even, when compared to simple carbs. It is mostly available in pasta, potatoes and rice.
Note: Our body’s should derive 60%-70% calorific expenditure from carbohydrates especially from complex carbohydrates.
Bodybuilding Nutrition: Protein
Proteins play vital role in muscle building, tissue repair and overall muscle mass. It also helps in cellular regeneration and also needed in formation of antibodies, enzymes production, fluid balance, blood-clotting factors, hormones and blood-transport protein. Protein provides 4 Kcals/gram. An average person needs 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram. But the protein intake varies based on their needs. A sports person or a bodybuilder requires 2-2.5 grams of protein/Kg, even sometimes more.
We can find high quality of protein from meat, poultry, fish, milk, cheese and egg. The low proteins from soy beans, split peas, chick peas, navy beans, pinto beans. All these foods are great of protein.
Note: Our body’s should derive 20%-25% calorific expenditure from proteins especially from animal protein.
Bodybuilding nutrition: Fats
Fat is also one of the major macro nutrients. An appropriate body temperature was maintained with the help of fat. For Correct functioning of hormones necessity of fat is must. It also helps improvising your immune system and cell repair. Some healthy type of fats are…
- Omega 3
- Omega 6 fatty acids
- Olive Oil
Calculate your daily macro intake with macro calculator
Not all type of fats are good. Some type of fat that we should avoid for sure. Fast foods, industrial products, saturated fatty acids and also re-use of same oil for repeated times for preparing foods these are things to avoided at any cost.
Note: Our body require 10%-15% total calorific expenditure from fats. The limit should not exceed nor totally eliminated.
Bodybuilding nutrition: Additional tips
- Taking more fibre food prevents you from digestive illness. The minimum intake of fibre is 20 grams/day.
- Salt is almost present in every food consume. But excess of salt intake is really harmful. 1000 mg/day is the maximum limit allowed.
- Due to modern food processing methods, it eliminates some important nutrients from food. In order to fulfill those requirements we need to supplements.
- Avoid junk foods, tobacco, alcohol and lot more harmful things to a lead healthy life.
No one knows you better than you, so Keep motivating yourself.